Steven Bonnell didn’t want to clean carpets anymore – he just wanted to stay home and play his favorite video game, Starcraft 2. And not only is he earning $5,000 a month playing the game – he’s not even the best in the world. In fact, he doesn’t even play in the Starcraft tournaments.
So how is Steven earning a living doing the thing that he loves the most? He simply plays the game and streams it live via Justin.tv, and then he places the videos on YouTube.
Because he’s highly animated on the videos, he’s attracted a very loyal following, earning about $3500 a month in ad revenue. Plus, he’s teaching others how to play, which brings him an additional $1500 a month.
- If you can think just a little bit creatively, you can probably find a way to earn your living doing the thing you love the most.
- You don’t have to be the best of the best – you just need some sort of edge. In Steven’s case, he’s highly entertaining and passionate and it comes through on his videos.
- Video games are a HUGE market full of rabid fans, so if this is your niches, there’s plenty of money to be made.
- Live streaming combined with placing the highlights on YouTube is a great marketing combination.
- It’s okay not to be perfect. If you’re waiting until you’re an expert or the best of the best to launch your business or share yourself with the world, you’ll never be ready. Just get out there are start marketing what you do have – and see what happens.
- If a guy can earn $60,000 playing a video game, what CAN’T you do
Here’s a thread on Reddit where you can read more: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/g7q91/iam_destiny_i_quit_my_job_to_play_starcraft_2_for/
Here is Steven’s Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/remembertomorrow0
NOTE: Any and all of the above may contain adult language – especially in his videos (just so you know.)